Friday, March 12, 2010

Back in Utah

We were looking forward to taking my dad to the University of Utah hospital because we felt that it was a more reputable hospital. However, my dad’s arrival was disappointing. When my dad had arrived to the hospital, they did not even hook him up to medical devices for three hours. My mom was irate. He still needed be monitored because of the blood that was still in his brain. He was still within the period where he could have another stroke. The clot in his brain still needed to be shrunk and the other part of the clot was still in his neck. In addition to that, a pipe had broke in my dad’s room and the room was flooded. The floors were still damp and the room was humid. My mom requested a room change and they denied her request. My mom finally had to go to the administration office before they would take care of my dad, something they forgot about in their job description. It took her threatening to sue to motivate them toward some sort of positive action.

After three days in the hospital he was being released to Health South Rehabilitation center. The convenience of this was that he would be no more than five minutes away. At this hospital he would have speech therapy, physical therapy and occupational theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment